Virginia State Bar - 1938 - Badge
The Bar Association of The District of Columbia - Badge
AILA - Badge
United States District Court - Eastern District of Virginia - Badge
United States Court of Appeals - for the Fourth Circuit - Badge
Fairfax Bar Association - Badge
Avvo Clients Choice 2013 - Immigration - Badge
Avvo Clients Choice 2013 - Divorce - Badge
Avvo Clients Choice 2013 - Criminal Defense - Badge
Avvo Top Contributor 2015 - Immigration - Badge
Avvo Top Contributor 2015 - Divorce - Badge
Avvo Top Contributor 2015 - Criminal Defense - Badge
Expertise Badge

Modification & Enforcement

After your divorce has been finalized, you may still require the services of an experienced family law attorney. Perhaps there has been a major change in your physical or financial abilities and you would like to petition the court to modify the support, custody, or visitation orders of your divorce, or perhaps you need assistance enforcing the provisions of the divorce decree. Whatever your concern might be, our firm is here to assist you.

At times it is necessary after a divorce to seek modifications in the terms of the divorce awards. Modifications can be made to child custody and visitation arrangements; child support agreements due to a spouse’s increased or decreased income; and payment of alimony. To make a modification after a divorce has been ordered usually requires evidence that the circumstances of one spouse or the other are significantly different. For example, if you have a significant financial improvement or an unexpected reduction in income, you could seek a post-divorce modification. We can help you to demonstrate this change so that a court will revise the support order. Our firm can also present your requests for custody and visitation modifications if there is a major change that affects the child or one party’s ability to care for the child. The court’s decision, as in initial determination, is based on the best interests of the child.

At Kublan Khan PLC, we can guide you through the enforcement proceedings to claim unpaid child support. Multiple avenues exist to compel unpaid support, including wage garnishment and contempt of court proceedings with penalties up to and including jail time. Interference with court-ordered visitation is taken seriously by the court. In this regard, we will fight to ensure that the court order for custody and visitation is strictly enforced, thereby protecting your rights from abuse.

Client Reviews

Great understanding of my situation, very responsible and detail oriented. I could highly recommend Kublan Khan PLC - I don’t think they have any competition here in Falls Church area.

- Ivo Koytchev

Because of him I saved time, money and my nerves and we reached an agreement with my x. I highly recommend Andrei to all my friends with any complicated case they might have.

- Tina Hassan

Mr. Kublan has my absolute highest rating, this time on my divorce. I have no spousal support payments, no payments in arrears (I stopped paying support 6 months ago), no health insurance payments, no retirement benefits...

- Rick Dunbar

Having been represented before by several attorneys in the area, I've experienced the best service and results with Kublan&Austin. Great professionalism, attentive and knowledgeable staff. Always kept me informed. I...

- Alexandra Xela

I usually don’t take the time to post stuff like this but upon reflecting on my experience with Andrei Kublan and his firm I felt it necessary. Divorce is not a pretty thing and having an attorney represent you that...

- Maha Kandil

I am very grateful to have found Andrei Kublan when I did: at the point of re-litigating child custody. Mr. Kublan works for the result. He knows how to build a case, how to collect the evidence, how to argue, and how to...

- Nadia Ciuha

Committed to Successfully Resolving Your Legal Problems

Fill out the contact form or call us at (703) 854-1081 to schedule your consultation.

Leave Us a Message